Replacement Roof: Metal Shake Roof, Medium Brown Colour
Replacing a cedar roof is frequently undertaken by Renoteck Roofing. This old cedar shake roof was in serious need of replacement. The owners had a list of objectives that had to be met.
- To replace approx. 20 year old original good quality cedar shakes now exhibiting considerable rot, cracking, and leaking with a true Lifetime
- High Performance Roofing System with a meaningful Lifetime Non Pro – Rated Transferable Warranty.
- To correct rear dormer deficiencies where the original design disrupted the appearance of roofline in the valley.
- To upgrade the roofing system to a more permanent zero maintenance roof while maintaining and enhancing the original character of the old cedar shake without the significant weathering factors common to wood shakes and asphalt shingles.
- To enhance resale value with the appreciating asset of a steel roof as opposed to complete depreciation in 15 – 20 years typical of cedar, pine, and fibreglass asphalt shingles.
- To eliminate potential ice damming issues common to wood shakes and asphalt shingles.
The roof line included many interesting transitions. Skilled installers had to ensure that water would run off the roof without leaking. A new metal roof greatly improved the curb appeal and value of the home. The profile chosen was slate. This is available in a range of colours.
Now the home has a maintenance free roof for years to come.