A huge rainstorm is fast-approaching your city. Your roof has taken a beating over the years. You fear that this time the water will penetrate through. Just as you thought, water begins leaking through your roof and into your home.
You don’t want to take your chances when the next large rainfall hits your home.
When it comes to a roof leak, the frustration ranges from minor annoyance to complete chaos. Luckily, here are 9 tell-tale warnings that you can look out for before the *something* hits the fan.
- Algae and/or Moss Growth
- A cool climate with a bit of moisture is the perfect environment for algae or moss to grow inside your roof. If you see any of these growing, there’s a good chance that you have a roof leak.
- Curling Shingles
- This could have been caused by improper nailing or insufficient ventilation inside your attic.
- Damaged Flashing
- There are a number of reasons why this may occur. Improper installations, weathering or the settling of your home’s foundation. This is one of the leading causes of roof leaks.
- Missing Shingles
- Shingles that have been ripped from your roof can be caused by improperly nailed shingles, resulting in removal by high winds. Shingles are your first line of defense against roof leaks and should be replaced as soon as possible.
- Moisture absorbed and retained by shingles will cause them to rot, wearing away the integrity and life expectancy.
- Ceiling Spots Inside the Home
- A sign that indicates that your roof is indeed leaking. Seek a specialist that can inspect your attic.
- Missing Shingle Granules
- Shingle granules provides your shingles protection against UV rays. Bare spots on your shingles will cause the sun to deteriorate your shingles, resulting in a roof leak.
- Buckling Shingles
- Shingles that are buckling are caused by a-poorly installed underlayment or b-when new shingles are installed over old ones.
- Blistering is caused by excess moisture from poor drainage or ventilation.
So then, what’s the next step? Contact one of our specialists that know how to repair damages and maintain the best conditions for your roof. Renoteck offers a 24/7 roofing emergency service for anyone caught in this situation needing immediate assistance. Would you like to learn more? Call us at 1-877-235-9224 or head over to the emergency roofing service page for more information.
Share this Post